About Me

My photo
My wife Toni and I live in the beautiful Catskill mountains, where we love to spend time with family & friends. I enjoy working in the gardens,reading, hanging out at the lake and enjoying the bounty of our lives. In 2007 I started my own business and named it after our dog Spencer. "Life's been good to me so far"

Monday, April 20, 2009

Wurtsboro Forest Fire



There was a Forest fire on the ridge overlooking Wurtsboro this weekend. It started by the airport and spread over to the other side of the mountain. 400 acres were burnt and 21 fire companies fought the fire. The fire started Saturday afternoon was under control by 8:00 PM Sunday night

2 comments:

Paul Hartmann said...

Greetings!

I really like the two pics of the Wurtsboro fire.

Capt. Paul Hartmann - NYS Forest Rangers (ret)

Paul Hartmann said...

I'm building a website on the History of the NYS Forest Rangers and found your Wurtsboro fire pics by way of Google Images.

I'm contacting you to ask permission to use the two pics posted and maybe others that you may have taken. The fact that these are your photos would be conspicuously noted.

Pics of NY fires raging as this one did at night are quite hard to find. Only the fuel types in and around Gunks and the Pine Barons of LI have a potention for such extreme fire conditions.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Capt. Paul Hartmann NYSFR's (ret)