About Me

My photo
My wife Toni and I live in the beautiful Catskill mountains, where we love to spend time with family & friends. I enjoy working in the gardens,reading, hanging out at the lake and enjoying the bounty of our lives. In 2007 I started my own business and named it after our dog Spencer. "Life's been good to me so far"

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Closings

Wurtsboro lost some of our favorite businesses this month.
Kathy Mitchell closed the Tea Kozy Kafe to take care of her family
In the old days this was Shappys and the Shortline bus would stop here.
Later it was the Old Valley Restaurant


Toni & Kathy, we ate many great meals at the Kozy.
Almost everyone from town ate here and we usually knew everyone .

Toni with George & Chris the waiters at the Kozy with owner Kathy


Lynn's Flowers closed after 31 years. Catherine Hairie ran it for many years. They always did beautiful flowers for us.
Lynn is opening another store down the block this month


Not in Wurtsboro but the Cornucopia Restaurant Port Jervis was always a favorite of my family

We spent many  Mother's Days, Easter, and birthdays eating here
It's so sad to see it close. My parents would be so sorry to see it go.


They are tearing down this building in the middle of Wurtsboro to build a new library

When I was a kid this was Dr. Greenberg's office and later Dr Rakosi  had his practice here. The Coommunity/Dutch Reform Church is to the left

1 comment:

Deb said...

I lived there for three years when I was in high school before moving back to the Hills. Doc Rakosi had it then. I had no idea they were tearing it down.