About Me

My photo
My wife Toni and I live in the beautiful Catskill mountains, where we love to spend time with family & friends. I enjoy working in the gardens,reading, hanging out at the lake and enjoying the bounty of our lives. In 2007 I started my own business and named it after our dog Spencer. "Life's been good to me so far"

Monday, August 10, 2009

A Close Call




Last week Toni and I were asleep when we heard this loud crash. I went out with the flashlight to see if another tree had fallen in the yard, but everything seemed to be okay. Within a half hour traffic was backed up in front of our house from the traffic light and a helicopter was flying over the neighborhood.

A truck on Rt 17 lost it's cargo of three, six ton rolls of aluminum. One roll ran down the embankment, took out thirty trees and crashed into our neighbor's trailer. It punched through the trailer and knocked the trailer off it's foundation. Luckily the owner was in another room and he wasn't hurt. And they say living in the country isn't exciting.

1 comment:

Muggsy' Gals said...

It's a miracle no one was hurt!