About Me

My photo
My wife Toni and I live in the beautiful Catskill mountains, where we love to spend time with family & friends. I enjoy working in the gardens,reading, hanging out at the lake and enjoying the bounty of our lives. In 2007 I started my own business and named it after our dog Spencer. "Life's been good to me so far"

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Contract Signed

I just signed a new contract as a vendor with Ikaria Pharmaceutical Co. This is my third contract go around with my own company, but I was really nervous about getting the account this time. For years I had dealt with the Medical Affairs dept. but I was switched over to the Marketing Dept. with all new people.

Because of the economy and because I heard other vendors were vying for the account I was very apprehensive.What a relief to finally sign the contract with a small increase. I would hate to have to go out into the real world to make a living, Get dressed every day?
Quickly what we do is meeting logistics. A Pharma. rep wants to do a program to promote their drug. I arrange for a doctor to speak, do his travel arrangements and pay him after the program. I keep a database on all the programs and their costs. This way I can generate activity & cost reports to the big shots. I'm just busy enough, that I can still keep up with all my house husband duties.
The Security Dept. is also very happy we got the contract.





No comments: