About Me

My photo
My wife Toni and I live in the beautiful Catskill mountains, where we love to spend time with family & friends. I enjoy working in the gardens,reading, hanging out at the lake and enjoying the bounty of our lives. In 2007 I started my own business and named it after our dog Spencer. "Life's been good to me so far"

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Woodstock 1969-2009


Last weekend was the 40th anniversary of the Woodstock concert. Just like the first concert I was there with Cathy Longo. Cathy has morphed from girlfriend into family. Toni & I love her like a sister.
We had a great time at the concert at Bethelwoods. This beautiful venue is on the site of the original 1969 Woodstock festival
The show started at 5:00PM and ended at 1:15AM. A little late for this old hippie. We saw a lot of friends we knew, and a few people we probably don't want to know. It was a great party time with lots of bands from the original concert. We call it Geezer Rock. Our joke was we went drugged up to the concert. I had my Preparation H and Toni downed some Metamucil. We felt good!
We can't wait for the 50th anniversary. They'll probably paint the wheel chair ramps in psychedelic colors.






Just back from Woodstock in 1969.
Jack, Cathy Longo, Carol Weissman and Frank DeLizza







Toni and I tailgating with Cathy Longo & her friend Bonnie from Ohio







Hippie Chicks




There were 17,000 people at the concert,a sold out show. Nothing to compare to the 500,000 people in 1969.
We had tenth row, center seats, under the pavilion. They treat old Woodstockers well.





We have seen our future.
Rock on!













Country Joe MacDonald emceed the show. He read off the names of the Sullivan County men who died in Vietnam. The first name was our friend, 19 year old Jerry Evans from Wurtsboro





Canned Heat








Jefferson Starship with Paul Kanter minus Grace Slick








Leslie West of Mountain got married on stage in between songs. Very cool.










Levon Helm Band made up from Grateful Dead band members









2 comments:

Frank DeLizza said...

Hi Jack: Long time no see, about 40 years I think. Enjoyed the picture of you, Cathy, Carol and me after Woodstock. Haven't been to Masten Lake or Wurtsboro for a long time, living outside of Dallas now. Interesting, a good friend of mine here has family who once owned the Wurtsboro Hotel. Guess it's a small town with a big reach.

Wurtsboro Boy said...

Frank, Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I see your folks all the time and Cathy and I are like brother & sister. My email is Jhaleyml3@hotmail.com Drop me a message so we can stay in touch